If you are considering revising your academic and career plans, we want to work with you! Particularly, if you recently received notification that you did not get accepted to your UB major or you have been dismissed from your current major or program — you are not alone! Over 75% of undergraduate students change their major at least one time before graduation.
- Watch the Exploring Majors at UB Video Series. More than 800 students have viewed these videos to better understand the services available at UB and to hear from other UB students who have successfully made a change in major!
- Review the Exploring Alternative Major Brochures. The qualities that first attracted you to your major can be found in many other majors and minors at UB.
- Peruse the Choosing Your Major and Changing Your Major resources from the Undergraduate Academic Advisement website.
- If you already have a new major or academic interest in mind, contact the appropriate advising office for further assistance.
If you are still uncertain about your major schedule an advising appointment with Student Advising Services (SAS) as soon as possible at 716-645-6013. A SAS advisor can help you explore related majors and other academic options that best meet your interests, skills, and abilities.
- Contact Career Services at 716-645-2231. Career counselors can help you explore options and think in new ways about choosing a major and career that is right for you, including discovering tools and resources to explore your interests, values and strengths.
We are very excited about this opportunity to work with you individually in attaining academic and career success. We look forward to speaking with you soon!