Student Advising Services advises undergraduate students who are:
- Exploring Majors
- Intended Computer Science
- Intended Engineering
- Prehealth: students preparing for admission to medicine, dentistry, optometry, podiatry, veterinary, and chiropractic schools.
- Prelaw: students preparing for admission to law school.
Students with intended or approved majors should use the Advising Directory to locate the appropriate academic advising center for assistance.
The services we offer include:
- Providing academic advice and guidance for students — especially those who are exploring majors (undecided) through our Major Explorers Program.
- Assisting students in developing a holistic academic plan that meets degree requirements and incorporates experiential learning such as internships and study abroad.
- Ensuring students understand academic policies/procedures and their implications.
- Helping students discover new major possibilities, including choosing an alternative major.
- Presenting Academic Success Workshops.
- Evaluating alternative and military experiences for university credit.
Student Advising Services' mission is to assist University at Buffalo undergraduate students of all backgrounds in the discovery and development of their academic goals through advising.
Last updated: January 29, 2015 9:06 am EST